Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm Still Here

It's been an interesting week.  Meaning that Wheaton Park District Baseball is in full swing.  Although for the first time in many years, I'm not coaching or managing a team, I'm still actively involved with Robert and his team.  His coach is very much in-tune with what I look for in a leader.  In this case, it's all about winning.  We had at least 10 practices before the other teams even had one.  We also practice during the week, so with two games a week, plus one or two practices make for lots on time on the ball field.  Oh, and BP starts 45 minutes before game time.  Don't be late.

There's another dad and I who split the cost of taking the boys to the local batting cages to continue to work on their swings.  Robert has his righthanded one down pretty good (still needs some work on his footwork), and is learning to slap-hit left handed.  Since he's a fast runner, this gets him out of the box quicker and puts pressure on the infielders to make the play.  He definitely has the skill to switch hit, now it's just practicing to do it right each time.

Also since the weather has at time been nicer, it's gotten me out of the house.  Tried to go shooting last Friday, but arrived at the range just after the black wall cloud got there.  Got missed by the tornado, but still got wet going into the office.   I wanted to try out my new Ruger LCR that the members of ASC gave me in appreciation of my three years a president.   I was really touched and choked up when they presented it to me.  I still can't thank them enough for their kindness.

I've went back last Tuesday for my first cycle, first dose of Maintenance Chemo.  Since it's Velcade only, it doesn't take as long, only about 2 hours.  Hemoglobin was 9.4, which is worrisome.  After a month of no chemo, I would have expected my red blood cells to have recovered.  I thought I was more tired then "normal"  but was starting to feel "better" before this round.   A shot of Anranesp and I should be back up above 10 this week. 

I'm working on a couple of longer posts, but Blogger has been kind of hit and miss the last couple of days.  I'll finish them up and get them posted this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment