Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Thank you.

I want to put this here for two reasons.  1) to restart this blog, and 2) well....

This year I have received the greatest gift of all.  If you are reading this, then I have received your friendship.

If someone would have told me what I would go through these past few years, I wouldn't have believed it.

Kidney failure, Chemo, a diagnosis of terminal cancer, my wife leaving because she didn't want to be with someone who was dying, more Chemo, and then a year and half long divorce fight.  But in the end, I have finished Chemo, my health is no longer deteriorating and my son lives with me.

And through all that you have been here with me.

My internet friends, my school friends, my Army buds and those here where I live.

I have been humbled.

The kindness and friendship you have not only shown to me, but also to my son Robert, has been beyond anything anyone could ask. I am truly grateful for everything you have done for and with us.  You have stood by us, checked in on us, invited us to your homes, fed us, and entertained us.  You have given of yourself, your time and your talents.  You've helped us even when I didn't ask, and when I did ask, I was overwhelmed not only by your generosity, but also your caring and concern. I am truly grateful and hope that we are worthy of your friendship. 

I do pledge and promise that I can work to maintain from you that most cherished title;  "Friend".  Even though I know I often fall far short, I'm honored and I thank you.   

5 comments:

  1. Leaving this comment is like being the first to walk across new snow. I hate to mark up the awesomeness, but I have to to say "thanks, friend."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the "like" button on this thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're back! I'm so glad to see you posting again. Been worried about you and didn't know who to ask. Don't disappear again, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am humbled Scout. I aspire to be as brave as you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barkley is happy to have your son come over and visit any time and my husband says to extend his best wishes for the new year as well.

    ReplyDelete